Senior Transportation

Attention Seniors. Did you know?


Call-A-Bus is available to New Carrollton Residents

The City of New Carrollton provides free Call-A-Bus service to our senior and/or disabled residents. Residents can call the Public Works Department at 301-577-1008 to request a registration form via email, mail, or download the  Rider Registration Call-A-Bus (PDF) form.

Once registered, residents can call Public Works to schedule a ride to and from doctor's appointments, physical therapy, classes, or local errands. All requested rides must be within a 5-mile radius. Rides are scheduled in 30-minute increments, starting at 8 am to 2 pm, all return rides must be requested by 2:15 pm. This service runs Monday through Friday, excluding City-observed holidays. Please keep in mind all health appointments take priority when scheduling a ride.  

During the school year, the Call-A-Bus follows the school's schedule. When school is delayed or closed due to inclement weather, the Call-A-Bus will not operate, nor will it run if the City opens late due to inclement weather. 


The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) provides curb-to-curb service for people with disabilities who are unable to use regular public transportation. To confirm eligibility or to make reservations, call 301-562-5360 (voice) or TDD 301-588-7535.

Senior Transportation Services (STS)

STS provides free transportation to a number of senior programs including county medical or nutrition sites. For more information on medical services contact 301-499-8603. Details for nutritional programs can be obtained by calling 301-265-8450. Call 301-883-5656 for available information on the senior transportation services program.