Multipurpose Room Rental
The Multipurpose room in the Municipal Building is available for rental to New Carrollton residents. To encourage maximum use of the City's community facilities for recreation and social purposes by New Carrollton organizations and residents only; everyone, at the time of submitting an application, must show a valid identification along with a $100 security deposit. The security deposit is refundable no later than three weeks after the event if an inspection of the Multi-purpose room and associated areas does not reveal any damage to the facility. In the event of damage to the facility, the cost of repair shall be deducted from the security deposit and the remainder of the security deposit, if any, shall be returned. In the event the cost of repair exceeds the amount of the security deposit, you will be sent a bill for the difference which shall be paid immediately upon receipt thereon.
Waiver/Restrictions - City Property Will Not Be Used:
- In violation of City, County, State, or Federal ordinances or laws.
- When intoxicants are sold, brought, or consumed, except by waiver.
- For activities for which admission is charged, except by waiver.
- For activities including sales, auctions, raffles, or games of chance involving money, except by waiver for non-profit organizations.
- For sales for private or personal gain.
- By organizations or individuals violating City requirements for use of the building or facility on previous occasions.
- For political fundraising events.
- For religious services.
- For wedding receptions.
- For live music or DJ's.
- There will be no charge for the use of the building during the regular duty hours of City employees. At all other times, a fee to cover custodial, security and personnel costs will be charged.
- A fee of $75 per hour will be charged for the private use of the building.
- A $100 deposit is required for all applicants. This will be deposited into the city account. Any charges for any damages or cleaning costs incurred by the City will be deducted from the deposit. A deposit may not apply to official City clubs and organizations.
- A fee of $45 will be charged per function for use of the kitchen facilities. Fee may not apply to official City clubs, organizations and non-profit organizations.
- Kitchen facilities can be used only for:
- Warming food using stove top or oven. Cooking is not permitted on the premises.
- Storing food/beverages in refrigerator.
- Using ice from the ice machine.
Email City Hall or call 301-459-6100 for rates and availability.