How do I dispute a parking citation?

Anyone receiving a parking citation has the lawful right to request a trial in the District Court of Maryland, where a judge will hear your case and decide your guilt or innocence.

To request to stand trial, you must enter your name and address on the citation in the space provided, and return it to the New Carrollton City Police Department within 10 Calendar Days from the issuance of the ticket.

Failure to request a trial date within the 10 day period, will constitute a waiver of your right to a hearing. Once your request has been received by the police department, it will be forwarded to the District Court, and will be set in for trial. You will be notified by mail of the date, time and location of the court house. Due to the extreme caseload of the court, you may not receive a court notice for several months.

Show All Answers

1. What are your hours of operation?
2. What forms of payments are accepted at New Carrollton Police Department for parking citations?
3. Whom do I contact if I have a question about how much I owe in parking fines?
4. How do I request for a court date on a parking citation?
5. What forms of payments do you accept for Red Light / Speed Camera citations?
6. Where can I pay my red light and/or speed camera citation online?
7. Where can I mail my payment for red light/ speed camera citations?
8. Whom can I contact regarding additional information about my red light/speed camera citation?
9. How do I request for court on a red light and/or speed camera citation?
10. My car or truck was impounded from a shopping center parking lot. Whom do I contact about getting it back?
11. Can I do major repair work on my vehicle while it is parked on the City Street?
12. How do I dispute a parking citation?
13. There is an abandoned vehicle parked on my street. What can I do about it?
14. Whom do I contact to receive a Residential Parking Permit?