There is an abandoned vehicle parked on my street. What can I do about it?

You can report it to the New Carrollton City Police Department at 301-459-0142. Give the address where the vehicle is located. Also give a full description of the vehicle (make and model) and include the license plate number. Let us know how long the vehicle has been at the location. We would also like your name and phone number so that the officer who responds to your call can contact you if needed. Your name and phone number is confidential and is not given out. Anonymous complaints are also accepted.

Please note that some abandoned vehicle violations are handled by the city's Department of Code Enforcement, however all violations can be reported to the listed phone number.

Show All Answers

1. What are your hours of operation?
2. What forms of payments are accepted at New Carrollton Police Department for parking citations?
3. Whom do I contact if I have a question about how much I owe in parking fines?
4. How do I request for a court date on a parking citation?
5. What forms of payments do you accept for Red Light / Speed Camera citations?
6. Where can I pay my red light and/or speed camera citation online?
7. Where can I mail my payment for red light/ speed camera citations?
8. Whom can I contact regarding additional information about my red light/speed camera citation?
9. How do I request for court on a red light and/or speed camera citation?
10. My car or truck was impounded from a shopping center parking lot. Whom do I contact about getting it back?
11. Can I do major repair work on my vehicle while it is parked on the City Street?
12. How do I dispute a parking citation?
13. There is an abandoned vehicle parked on my street. What can I do about it?
14. Whom do I contact to receive a Residential Parking Permit?